1. The Fireworks online open audition process is managed by Hot Tap Media on behalf of the client Synchronicity Films and key film crew (“Organisers”), who holds responsibility and ownership of the film Fireworks.
2. Young potential actors are invited to submit an online Audition (“Audition”) to play the role of Kat in the film Fireworks.
3. The online Audition is open to girls aged 12 and over, legally resident in the UK.
4. If you are under 16 you must have consent from a parent or guardian in order to send us your Audition application.
5. To Audition please create an online video consisting of:
A piece (max 2 mins) to camera introducing yourself, including your name, location, acting experience if any, and reasons for wanting to be considered for the film
A reading of the following scene: Fireworks Kat Audition Scene. (you will need a second reader to read with)
Upload your video to YouTube as password protected.
Fill in the application form on the Fireworks website, including the link to the Audition video, and the related password. Do not use a password that you use for other websites.
6. Your Audition must be completely original and must not have been taken or composed, in whole or in part, from any other source and must not have been released commercially. Auditions which contain materials that are not the original work of the entrant, or are illegible or incomplete will not be accepted.
7. Audition videos will not be published on any platform at any time without the consent of the creator and their parent or guardian.
8. Shortlisted auditionees will be contacted via their parent or guardian and may be required to attend further auditions in person.
9. Shortlisted auditionees should be willing to participate in marketing and promotions relating to the film as reasonably requested.
10. Audition videos will be viewed by the Director and Casting Director and other key members of the filmmaking team as needed for the purposes of short-listing and selecting the final actor. This may include selected employees of Synchronicity Films and Hot Tap Media and other organisations contracted to work on the film.
11. The Organisers will not pass on the personal details of any auditionee to any third party.
12. The Organisers will contact the shortlisted auditionees directly following selection. If a potential actor cannot be reached within seven (7) days, the potential actor may be disqualified and, an alternative actor may be selected from the remaining entrants.
13. Shortlisted and selected actors must sign within five (5) days of receipt of such documents from the Organisers or other companies relating to the film, relating to the release of video and/or other materials relating to the open Audition, and return them as instructed within the time frame specified.
14. Any violation of these Terms and Conditions may result in disqualification from the shortlist or acting post.
15. The Organisers assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Audition or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Audition. The Organisers are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to an auditionees or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials relating to the Audition.
16. The Organisers’ decision is final.
17. The Organisers, shortlisted actors and contracted actor will be bound to comply with standard Equity rights and employment law.
18. Auditionees must be able to attend the film shoot, which aims to be near Edinburgh, for approximately four weeks in February/March 2014, accompanied by a chaperone.
19. Standard rate fees, and reasonable expenses for the selected actor and chaperone, will be paid by the Organisers.